Credential Terms & Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE APPLICABLE TO (A) BEARERS OF CREDENTIALS MARKED MEDIA, TECH, PHOTO, PHOTOGRAPHER, EVENT BROADCAST, OR PRESS (COLLECTIVELY, “MEDIA BEARERS”), OR (B) BEARERS OF ACCESS BADGES TO AN EVENT (AS DEFINED BELOW) (“ACCESS BADGE BEARERS”) ((A) and (B) ARE EACH A “BEARER” AND, COLLECTIVELY, THE “BEARERS”).
IMPORTANT: BEARER’S CREDENTIAL OR ACCESS BADGE (COLLECTIVELY, “CREDENTIAL”) IS A REVOCABLE LICENSE AND MAY BE REVOKED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT CAUSE.
Each Bearer signing for or using a Credential, including his/her/its employers and employees, for competitions, exhibitions, activities, attractions and events at the Event Venue (each an “Event” and, collectively, the “Events”) agrees, on his/her/its own behalf to the following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”), except to the extent certain terms and conditions are explicitly limited to one or more types of Bearers (the “Limited Terms”), in which case only those specific types of Bearers agree to the applicable Limited Terms. Rangers Baseball LLC or REV Entertainment LLC (each an “Operator”) may change the terms of the Agreement at any time, without notice, and Bearer’s use of the Credential after such change is posted will mean that Bearer accepts such change(s).
- Bearer assumes all risks incidental to Bearer’s participation in, attendance at, observation of, and/or performance of services in connection with, the Events, and Bearer recognizes that attendance of Bearer at the Events is voluntary, the risks of attending or observing the Event may be both foreseen and unforeseen and may result in illness (including Communicable Disease (as defined herein)), personal injury (including death) and/or other personal and property damage. By using the Credential, or by participating in, attending, observing, or performing services in connection with the Events, Bearer acknowledges and assumes all risks and dangers, including injury and/or Communicable Disease, associated with and accepts sole responsibility for any damage, loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind that Bearer may experience or incur in connection with (a) being a spectator before, during, and after a sporting event (including all warm-ups, practices, pre-competition, post-competition, and between-competition activities and promotions) and (b) attending, observing, participating in, or performing services in connection with the Events, in each case, whether any such risk or danger occurs prior to, during, or subsequent thereto, including specifically (but not exclusively) the danger of thrown or kicked balls, other thrown, dropped, or launched items; projectiles; persons; animals; other hazards or distractions; and any incidents or accidents associated with crowds of people or the negligence or misconduct of other spectators or participants.
- Bearer agrees that Rangers Baseball LLC, Ballpark Parking Partners LLC, Rangers Baseball Express LLC, Rangers Stadium Company LLC, Rangers Baseball HoldCo LLC, Arlington Ballpark Entertainment District Block LLC, Rangers Baseball Development LLC, Arlington Live, LLC, REV Entertainment LLC, Rangers Baseball Real Estate LLC, the City of Arlington, Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, Major League Baseball (“MLB”), any MLB-related entities and each of the participating teams or universities, in each case together with each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, employees, agents, sponsors, licensees, volunteers, participants, and successors-in-interest and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will not be responsible for any illness (including Communicable Disease), personal injury (including death), property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of Bearer’s participation in, attendance at, observation of, and/or performance of services in connection with, the Events, including those caused by the NEGLIGENT acts, omissions, or conduct of the Released Parties. Bearer further releases the Released Parties from and against any and all claims which Bearer has or may have for invasion of privacy, defamation, violation of any right of publicity, right of privacy, or any other cause of action arising out of the production, reproduction, distribution, transmission, publication, public performance, broadcast, or exhibition of advertisements, promotions, content, programs, and/or materials in which recordings or photographs of Bearer from the Events appear. BY USING THE CREDENTIAL, BEARER IS DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By using the Credential, Bearer is deemed to have agreed not to institute legal proceedings against any of the Released Parties for any of the liabilities that have been waived, released, or discharged herein, and further agrees to defend and indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all legal proceedings that may be instituted on Bearer’s behalf.
- By using the Credential, Bearer is deemed to have agreed to submit any dispute arising from the Events to binding arbitration. Each party shall pay its own costs. Arbitration shall be commenced within one (1) year after the date on which any alleged claim first arose. The arbitration proceeding shall proceed exclusively in Tarrant County, Texas. This Agreement shall be covered by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
- Bearer agrees that: (a) Operator, as the issuer of this Credential, is the exclusive owner of all copyrights and other proprietary rights in the Events and the Event Information (as defined below); and (b) Operator and each of its respective past, present, and future subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, officers, employees, and owners (collectively, the “Credentialing Entities”) and certain current and future sponsors and licensees of such Credentialing Entities, will have the unrestricted right and license to use Bearer’s image, likeness, name, voice, comments, or other proprietary or public rights in any live or recorded broadcast, telecast, photograph, video, audio, audiovisual, and/or other recording taken in connection with the Events or other transmission, distribution, public performance, or reproduction, in whole or in part, of the Events, for all purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, and in any and all media now or hereafter known, without compensation. The rights granted herein to the Credentialing Entities are assignable.
- The Credentialing Entities are the exclusive owners of all trademarks, copyrights, and other proprietary rights in their respective names, logos, and uniform designs (if any). Nothing in these terms and conditions authorizes or allows Bearer to violate the Credentialing Entities’ trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights.
- Bearer (a) consents to allowing the Credentialing Entities to inspect Bearer’s person and any bags, clothing, or other articles for security purposes, whether by walk-through metal detection, handheld metal detection, bag checks, or otherwise appropriate method under the circumstances (b) consents to Bearer conducting background checks of himself/herself, and (c) acknowledges and agrees that Bearer may be denied entry to or ejected from the Events, Globe Life Field, or Choctaw Stadium (the “Event Venue”) if (i) Bearer’s background check does not meet Operator’s standards or (ii) Bearer is in possession of any item or object that the Credentialing Entities consider potentially dangerous, hazardous, inappropriate, and/or injurious to other patrons or participants, and any prohibited items may be confiscated. Bearer consents to security searches and/or screening of Bearer and waives any claims that Bearer might have against the Released Parties. Bearer acknowledges that the Credentialing Entities have no liability for Bearer’s person or property.
- While within the Events, Bearer shall be subject to the directions and/or supervision of the Released Parties and their designated agents and Bearer agrees that Bearer will obey the rules and policies of the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, any required health and wellness screening. All credentials remain on the property of the Event Venue and must be surrendered upon request. Bearer acknowledges that Bearer can minimize risk of Communicable Disease and/or injury by the exercise of common sense, following recommended health and safety guidance, and by being aware. If, while attending the Events, Bearer observes any unusual hazard, which Bearer believes jeopardizes his/her personal safety or that of others, Bearer will remove himself/herself from participation and promptly bring the hazard to the attention of a representative of one of the Released Parties.
- The Credential is not transferable and may be revoked at any time without cause. The Credential may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes), or other trade or commercial purposes without the express written consent of Operator.
- The definition of the word “Event(s)” as it is used in the Credential and this Agreement includes, without limitation, pre-Event, in-Event and post-Event interviews with competitors, participants, players, personnel, and/or other officials.
- All Event times are subject to change.
- Entering the playing field, disrupting an Event, and/or attempting any physical contact with an Event participant is a crime punishable by fine and/or imprisonment. Violators may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Smoking is prohibited at the Event Venue.
- Bearer represents that Bearer is acting on a specific media or operational assignment approved in writing by Operator. This limited access Credential is issued for official business only; no spouses, dates, or children, except those performing in a working capacity, will be allowed in the restricted area where Bearer is performing his/her assignment. This Credential grants access to only those portions of the Event Venue identified by Operator. Operator reserves the right to revoke any improperly used credential.
- FOR MEDIA BEARERS ONLY: The use by Bearer of any photographs, images, videos, audio, livestreams, or other accounts or descriptions (including play-by-play data) (whether text, data, or visual), in any media, of all or any part of the Events or related events (the “Event Information”) other than for news coverage of, or magazines, books or stories about, the Events, or for First Amendment-protected purposes, is prohibited, except: (a) with the prior written consent of Operator; or (b) as specifically licensed in Section 16 below. Bearer shall not transmit any video, audio, or livestreams in any media while the Event is in progress.
- FOR MEDIA BEARERS ONLY: The Credential confers on Bearer a limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to take photographs of the Events and to allow the entity that engaged Bearer to use such photographs only for news coverage of, or magazines, books, or stories about, the Events or for other editorial purposes. In exchange for the access granted by the Credential, the Credentialing Entities shall have the right to purchase prints of any published photographs taken by Bearer in connection with the Credential, at the best financial terms offered to third parties, and such Credentialing Entities shall be licensed at no additional charge to use the photographs for news coverage purposes only. The Credentialing Entities may not distribute reproductions of the photographs to others or license others to reproduce the photographs. Except as specifically licensed herein, separate consent is required to transmit, offer to sell, or sell any photographs featuring the Credentialing Entities’ respective trademarks, names, logos, uniform designs, copyrights, and/or other proprietary rights for commercial purposes, including in third party advertisements or promotions, or on apparel, cups, posters, prints, T-shirts, or other consumer products.
- FOR MEDIA BEARERS ONLY: Bearer shall obtain all necessary licenses, consents, and/or releases permitting the use of any party’s proprietary material, including, but not limited to, any party’s copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, and/or other proprietary or personal rights, however denominated, included in any photograph taken or other material obtained in connection with the Credential. Bearer is solely responsible for determining which licenses, consents, and/or releases shall be obtained. Bearer shall indemnify, defend (if requested), and hold harmless the Credentialing Entities against and from any and all liability, loss, damage, or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) against third party claims arising out of or relating to: (a) Bearer’s use of any Event Information taken or obtained in connection with the Credential, including, without limitation, any claim that any use of such Event Information infringes upon any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, and/or other proprietary or personal rights, however denominated; (b) Bearer’s acts or omissions; (c) the presence on the premises of any cameras, wires, cable, or other equipment brought thereon by Bearer; and (d) Bearer’s breach of any term or condition of the Credential. With respect to any claim that might give rise to the liability of Bearer as an indemnitor, the Credentialing Entities shall: (i) have the right to fully participate in the litigation of such claim with the counsel selected by Bearer and approved by such Credentialing Entities at the sole expense of Bearer; and (ii) not be obligated, without their consent, to participate in any settlement of such claim.
- Bearer shall not share on any websites or social media channels, or show to another party, pictures or photographs containing any portion of Bearer’s Credential or any other credential issued to Bearer or another bearer by a Credentialing Entity.
- In entering into this Agreement, Bearer is not relying upon any oral or written representations other than what is set forth in this Agreement. The invalidity of any provision of this Agreement shall not affect the enforceability or effectiveness of any other provision. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon Bearer’s heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, successors, assigns, and representatives, and anyone else who might claim on his/her behalf. Bearer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
- COMMUNICABLE DISEASE ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. This Section 20 is an acknowledgement and express assumption of risk and release of liability in any way related to Bearer being exposed to or contracting COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization) and any strains, variants, or mutations thereof, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 and/or any other communicable and/or infectious diseases, viruses, bacteria, or illnesses or the causes thereof (collectively, “Communicable Disease”), during or in connection with Bearer’s attendance at the Events and/or presence at the Event Venue. By using the Credential, attending the Events, and/or being present at the Event Venue, Bearer is deemed to have acknowledged and expressly assumed the risk that Bearer may be exposed to Communicable Disease. Bearer expressly understands that the risks of exposure to Communicable Disease include contracting Communicable Disease and the associated dangers, medical complications (including death), and physical and mental injuries, both foreseen and unforeseen, that may result from contracting Communicable Disease. Bearer further acknowledges and understands that Bearer’s interaction with Event Venue staff, players, participants, and any other individuals present at the Event Venue poses an elevated, inherent risk of being exposed to and contracting Communicable Disease, that it cannot be guaranteed that Bearer will not be exposed to Communicable Disease, and that potential exposure to or contraction of Communicable Disease while attending the Events and/or being present at the Event Venue are risks that cannot be eliminated. If infected with Communicable Disease, Bearer acknowledges and understands that Bearer may subsequently infect others, even if Bearer doesn’t experience or display any symptoms.
In connection with the foregoing, Bearer agrees that Bearer will not attend the Events or be present at the Event Venue if, within fourteen (14) days preceding the Events, Bearer (i) tested positive or presumptively positive for Communicable Disease or was identified as a potential carrier of Communicable Disease, (ii) experienced any symptoms commonly associated with Communicable Disease, including, without limitation, fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath; (iii) traveled to a country that is subject to a U.S. State Department Level 4 “Do Not Travel” Advisory or a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice (each, a “Prohibited Country”), and/or (iv) was in direct contact with or the immediate vicinity of any person who is either confirmed or suspected of being infected with Communicable Disease or who has travelled to a Prohibited Country within fourteen (14) days preceding Bearer’s encounter with such person. Bearer further agrees that Bearer will submit to any health screening and/or Communicable Disease testing that may be required as a condition of Bearer’s attendance at the Events and/or presence at the Event Venue.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BY USE OF THE CREDENTIAL, BEARER IS DEEMED TO HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, ANY CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DEMAND OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE, EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE), THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH, OR RELATE IN ANY WAY TO, EXPOSURE TO OR CONTRACTION OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASE BY BEARER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL INFECTED BY BEARER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR THE INHERENT RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENTS AND/OR BEING PRESENT AT THE EVENT VENUE DURING A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE PANDEMIC.